Article 1 (Personal Information)
1. The term "Personal Information" refers to information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual, including but not limited to name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information, and other descriptors, as well as data regarding appearance, fingerprints, and voiceprints, and information that can identify a specific individual from such information as an insurance policyholder number on a health insurance card (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Identifying Information"), as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. The term "Specific Personal Information" refers to "Specific Personal Information" including the Individual Number (My Number) as defined in "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures" (Established on May 24, 2013) .
3. Personal-related information refers to "Personal-Related Information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act. For example, it includes access logs containing information such as email addresses not considered as personal information, device identifiers like cookies, browsing history of an individual's website accessed through device identifiers, purchase history of products, service usage history, and location information, among others.
Article 2 (Methods of Collecting Personal Information)
Our company will obtain personal information from customers in the following cases:
1. When customers directly input information through information device.
2. When customers provide information directly through electronic mail, postal mail, written documents, telephone, etc.
3. When information is automatically transmitted as a result of customers' use or viewing of services, content, products, advertisements, etc.
4. When information is provided by third parties with the customer's consent.
5. In addition to the above, when obtained legally.
Our company will obtain personal-related information from customers or third parties in the following cases:
1. Various identifier information such as cookies, advertising identifiers (Advertising Identifier [IDFA], Google Advertising Identifier [AA ID], etc.), and other types of identifiers.
2. IP address
3. Registration information on the service (account name, etc.)
4. Attribute information (age, gender, etc.)
5. Behavioral history (browsing history, viewing history, search history, application history, purchase history, etc.)
6. Location information
7. Reviews, word-of-mouth, comments (including information related to the posted account name, etc.)
Except as permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations, our company will not acquire personal information without obtaining the individual's prior consent.
Article 3 (Purposes of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information and personal-related information are as follows:
1. For the provision and operation of our services
・To verify the individual's identity
・To optimize and provide our services tailored to the individual
・To process payment requests related to our services, and to confirm payment status
・To confirm and arrange the purchase and delivery of products or services
・To send prizes or rewards for campaigns or surveys on our services
2. To respond to inquiries from users
・To verify the individual's identity
・To improve the quality of telephone support and ensure accurate understanding of inquiries
3. To send emails regarding new features, updates, campaigns, and information about other services provided by us for users of the services
・To optimize the display of advertisements and content tailored to the individual
・To provide information about events, seminars, etc., organized (co-organized) by us or our partners
4. For necessary communications such as maintenance and important notifications
6. To allow users to view, modify, delete their registered information, and access their usage history.
7. To investigate and analyze the usage history of this service and utilize the results for the improvement, development of the service, and delivery of advertisements.
8. Other purposes related to the above usage purposes.
Our website utilizes cookies (mechanisms that temporarily write and store data on your computer through a web browser) to recognize your browser. This enables us to provide functions such as storing items in your cart, measuring site traffic, delivering, displaying, and measuring the effectiveness of advertisements. This data is collected anonymously and does not identify individuals.
You can disable or delete cookie functionality through the settings of the browser you are using. However, please note that this may result in the inability to use certain services or features within our website.
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings by changing your browser's configuration. This enables you to set your browser to one of the following states:
Automatically accept or reject all cookies.
Automatically accept or reject first-party cookies and/or third-party cookies.
Notify before cookies are placed on your device and provide an opportunity for you to choose whether to accept or reject the cookie.
Furthermore, our company does not explicitly specify the storage period for cookies.
About Google Analytics
Our company utilizes "Google Analytics," a service provided by Google. We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze your browsing history based on cookies set by our company or by Google. This analysis provides us with insights into your usage patterns and may be used for understanding your usage and enhancing our services. For information on how Google handles data in Google Analytics, please refer to their website.
Google's Use of Information from Sites or Apps that Use Google Services"
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services
Article 5 (Handling of Location Information)
If you, as a customer, consent to providing location information while using our services on your device or mobile device, our company may acquire your location information. Typically, this can be disabled through settings in your browser or device, but doing so might render certain parts of our services unavailable.
By adjusting the following settings on your device, you can restrict our company from acquiring location information:
1.GPS Location Information
1.1. For iOS Devices
Please refer to the following page and adjust settings accordingly:
1.2. For Android Devices
Please refer to the following page and adjust settings accordingly:
2. Wi-Fi Location Information
Please disconnect your device's Wi-Fi connection using the prescribed method.
3.Location Information via Beacon
Please disconnect your device's Bluetooth connection using the prescribed method.
Article 6 (Change of Purpose of Personal Information Usage)
In the event of a change in the purpose of utilizing personal information, our company shall not go beyond a reasonable extent that is deemed to have substantial relevance to the previous purpose. The changed purpose shall be notified to or disclosed to the individual.
Article 7 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Unless based on legitimate reasons, such as those stipulated by laws and regulations, our company shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the individual's prior consent.
However, this excludes cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other relevant laws and regulations.
1. When it is necessary to protect human life, body, or property, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult.
2. When it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult.
3. When cooperation is necessary with national agencies, local governments, or individuals entrusted by them to carry out tasks prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the individual's consent may hinder the execution of such tasks.
4. In advance, when the following matters have been notified or disclosed and our company has reported to the Personal Information Protection Commission:
4.1. Including provision to third parties in the purpose of use.
4.2. Items of data provided to third parties.
4.3. Means or methods of providing to third parties.
4.4. Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties upon the individual's request.
4.5. Methods to accept the individual's requests.
5. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not be considered as provision to third parties:
5.1 When our company entrusts the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use.
5.2. When personal information is provided due to business succession through merger or other reasons.
5.3. When personal information is jointly used with specific individuals, and in advance, the individual is notified or placed in a state where they can easily know the purpose of joint use, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use by joint users, and the name or designation of the person responsible for the management of such personal information.
Article 8 (Provision of Personal Information to Foreign Third Parties)
While our company may entrust the handling of personal information to foreign third parties, except for cases falling under exceptions stipulated by the Personal Information Protection Act, we shall obtain your consent for the provision of personal information related to such entrustment. Please refer to the following for information on systems related to the protection of personal information in foreign countries.
United States (California)
People's Republic of China
Article 9 (Proper Collection of Personal Information)
Our company will appropriately collect personal information and will not acquire it through deception or other improper means.
Article 10 (Security Measures for Personal Data)
1. Our company implements the following measures to ensure the security management of personal information, aiming to mitigate risks such as loss, destruction, tampering, and leakage of personal information.
1.1. Establishing regulations concerning the handling of personal information.
1.2. Appointing personnel responsible for the handling of personal information and establishing a reporting and communication system for cases where facts or signs of violations of the Personal Information Protection Act or internal regulations are detected.
1.3. Conducting regular education for employees regarding precautions for handling personal information.
1.4. Taking appropriate measures to prevent theft, loss, and similar incidents involving equipment, as well as ensuring proper methods for deleting personal information.
1.5. Implementing access controls and restricting the scope of personal information handled by employees.
2. When entrusting all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party, our company conducts necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the secure management of personal information by the entrusted party.
3. In the event of an incident such as leakage of personal information, our company will follow the Personal Information Protection Act and relevant guidelines, report to supervisory authorities, comply with their instructions, and take necessary actions to prevent recurrence and address the situation.
Article 11 (Supervision of Entrusted Parties)
When our company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal data to a third party, we will establish a contract with the entrusted party, including confidentiality obligations, or seek agreement in accordance with terms and conditions stipulated by our company, and ensure necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the secure management of personal information by the entrusted party.
If necessary for the purpose of shipping goods, our company may entrust the handling of personal information to third parties such as the seller of the product or delivery service providers.
Article 12 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When requested for disclosure of retained personal data or third-party provision records (as defined in Article 33, Paragraph 5 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information) by the individual, our company will promptly confirm the request is made by the individual and disclose the information. However, if disclosure falls under any of the following cases, our company may choose not to disclose all or part of the information. In such cases, our company will promptly notify the individual of the decision not to disclose.
1. When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
2. When there is a risk of significantly impeding the proper execution of our company's operations.
3. When it would violate other laws.
4. Regarding third-party provision records, when any of the following apply:
4.1. When revealing the existence of such records could pose a risk of harm to the life, body, or property of the individual or a third party.
4.2. When revealing the existence of such records could promote or induce illegal or unfair activities.
4.3. When revealing the existence of such records could pose a risk to national security, damage trust relationships with other countries or international organizations, or cause disadvantageous effects in negotiations with other countries or international organizations.
4.4. When revealing the existence of such records could impede the prevention, suppression, investigation, or other maintenance of public safety and order.
Furthermore, information other than personal information, such as access logs, will generally not be disclosed.
Article 13 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
1. Users may request our company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as "Correction, etc.") their own personal information held by our company through the procedures specified by our company, if the information is incorrect.
2. If our company determines that it is necessary to respond to a request under the preceding paragraph from a user and to comply with that request, our company will promptly carry out the correction, etc. of the relevant personal information.
3. When our company has performed the correction, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when a decision has been made not to perform the correction, etc., our company will promptly notify the user of this fact.
Article 14 (Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information)
1. If an individual requests our company to suspend the use or erase (hereinafter referred to as "Suspension of Use, etc.") their personal information, on grounds that it is being handled beyond the scope of the stated purpose of use or that it was acquired through illicit means, our company will promptly conduct the necessary investigation.
2. Based on the results of the investigation under the preceding paragraph, if our company determines that there is a need to comply with the request, our company will promptly carry out the suspension of use, etc. of the relevant personal information.
3. When our company has performed the suspension of use, etc., based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when a decision has been made not to perform the suspension of use, etc., our company will promptly notify the user of this fact.
4. Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where the suspension of use, etc., would incur substantial costs or if it is otherwise difficult to carry out, alternative measures can be taken that are necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, our company will implement such alternative measures.
Article 15 (External Links)
Our operated websites may include links to external sites. Concerning handling and protecting personal information on external sites and the content they publish, our company does not bear responsibility.
If you have questions or opinions regarding external sites, please directly contact those sites.
1. The contents of this policy, except for matters otherwise stipulated in laws or elsewhere in this policy, may be changed without prior notice to users.
Article 17 (Contact Information)
For inquiries regarding requests for disclosure of personal information, opinions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries related to the handling and security measures of personal information, please contact the following address:
Custom Support Department
c/o U/M/A/A Inc.
Espace Tete 001, 1-3-2 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, 106-0047 Tokyo