Before using this Site, please read these terms carefully and agree to them before using the service.
If you use this Site, we will treat it as your acceptance of all the terms of this Agreement, so please acknowledge this in advance.
Article 1 (Definitions)
The definitions of the terms used in this Agreement shall be as follows:
2. "Our company": Refers to U/M/A/A Inc..
3. "This Site": Refers to the website "iam8bit japan & asia" operated by our company.
4. "This Service": Refers to various services provided by our company on this Site, including online sales services.
5. "This Product": Refers to the products for sale on this Service.
6. "User": Refers to all customers who visit the web service operated by our company. It also includes customers who have completed the purchase procedure following the procedures specified by our company ("Buyers").
Article 2 (Application)
1. This Agreement shall apply to all transactions between users and our company conducted through this Site and this Service. If a user does not agree to this Agreement, they may not use this Site and this Service.
2. If there are individual usage agreements ("Individual Usage Agreements") for specific services used by users in addition to this Agreement, both this Agreement and the Individual Usage Agreements shall apply. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this Agreement and the Individual Usage Agreements, the provisions of the Individual Usage Agreements shall take precedence.
Article 3 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 4 (Use of this Service and Affiliated Services)
1. The services provided by this Site are as follows, and detailed information will be separately posted on this Site:
1.1. Online sales services of this product.
1.2. Support services for users to use affiliated services.
1.3. Other various services related to the sale of this product.
2. Our company may add, delete, or change the menu of this Service under the preceding paragraph without the user's consent. Our company shall not be liable for any damages users incur due to the deletion or changes of this Service menu.
Article 5 (Suspension of this Service and Compensation Obligation)
Our company may suspend the provision of this Service without prior notice to users if the user engages in any of the following acts and shall be responsible for compensating our company for any damages caused thereby:
1. Engaging in acts that interfere with our company's business, such as accessing this Site and tampering with information or sending harmful computer programs to this Site, regardless of malicious intent.
2. Engaging in acts that infringe on the intellectual property rights of the products handled by our company and the contents within this Site.
3. Repeatedly engaging in return or cancellation of transactions.
4. Engaging in acts under Article 15 (Prohibited Matters).
5. Engaging in unjustified demands beyond legal responsibility.
6. Using threatening language or violence related to transactions.
7. Spreading rumors, using deception, or using force to discredit or obstruct the business of the other party.
8. If the user is found to be affiliated or related to anti-social forces or having transactions with anti-social forces.
9. Engaging in other acts contrary to this Agreement.
10. Engaging in other acts that our company reasonably deems inappropriate as a Site user.
Article 6 (Purchase of the Product and Payment Methods)
1. If a user wishes to purchase the product, the user shall apply for the purchase following the methods prescribed by our company.
2. The payment methods for the product shall be as follows:
2.1. The displayed amount on this website does not include shipping fees. The shipping fee will be the amount notified by our company to the user before the conclusion of the sales contract, or the amount indicated on the "Shipping Method Selection" screen during credit card settlement. The payment amount shall include the total of the product price, consumption tax, shipping fee, and other applicable fees.
2.2. If the product is to be received in a country or region other than Japan, it does not include customs duties, various taxes, and customs clearance fees. Additional payments will be required, so please be aware of this.
2.3. The payment method for the product is limited to the user's credit card under the user's name or other payment methods approved by our company.
2.4. In the case of credit card settlement, the user shall comply with the terms of the separate agreement between the user and the credit card company or payment service provider. In addition, if any disputes arise between the user and the credit card company or payment service provider regarding payment, the user shall resolve such disputes at their own responsibility. Our company does not retain information about the user's credit card or other payment methods used for payment.
2.5. The sales contract shall be concluded at the moment when an electronic mail is sent from our company confirming the acceptance of the user's order, and the email is received by the user. However, in the event of stock depletion or the discovery of defects after the order has been placed, the contract shall be deemed not to have been concluded, and our company shall notify the user accordingly. If the sales contract is not concluded, the order shall be considered invalid.
2.6. If there is a communication from the credit card company specified by the user indicating that credit card authorization has not been fulfilled, our company may request payment of the amount due by other payment methods.
2.7. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, if the user engages in fraudulent or inappropriate behavior regarding the use of this service, our company may cancel the sales contract or take other measures deemed appropriate by our company.
Article 7 (Non-Conclusion and Cancellation of the Sales Contract)
1. When accepting user applications, our company may reject such applications or refuse to conclude the sales contract based on our judgment if any of the following items apply.
In such cases, our company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by the user due to the non-conclusion of the sales contract.
1.1. In case of false information provided in the order details or other input fields.
1.2. If the user fails to make payment within the specified period.
1.3. In the case of credit card settlement, if the credit card company does not approve the payment or if it becomes clear from objective circumstances, such as past fraudulent use of the credit card or similar incidents, that there is a risk of fraudulent use, as reasonably judged by our company.
2. Even after the conclusion of the sales contract, our company may cancel the contract if any of the following items apply. In such cases, our company may claim the actual expenses incurred by the user up to the time of cancellation.
2.1. If delivery of the product cannot be made due to reasons such as an unknown delivery address, prolonged absence of the recipient, or refusal of acceptance.
2.2. If the user is found to be affiliated or associated with anti-social forces or if there is a transaction with anti-social forces.
2.3. In the event of fraudulent or inappropriate behavior regarding using this service.
2.4. If the user engages in any act that falls under the prohibited actions specified in Article 13 or violates this agreement or if it becomes clear from past behavior that the user has engaged in such actions.
Article 8 (Delivery of the Product and Transfer of Ownership)
1. Our company shall fulfill the delivery obligation as the seller when the product is delivered to the address specified by the user at the time of purchase, and the delivery completion is confirmed by the delivery service provider commissioned by our company.
2. Ownership of the product purchased by the user shall transfer to the user at the time when the delivery service provider hands over the product to the user.
Article 9 (Delivery)
1. The product will be delivered by the delivery service provider specified by our company. Users cannot designate their own delivery service provider. Please note that the user will bear the shipping fee.
2. When the product becomes available for delivery, our company will notify the user of the delivery confirmation through the specified method.
3. The product can be delivered to locations within Japan and other designated countries or regions (please refer to the "Delivery Policy" for available areas and shipping fees). However, delivery is limited to the country or region where the user who purchased the product resides.
4. If the delivery destination is outside the standard service area of the shipping service provider, additional shipping fees may apply. In such cases, our company will notify the user of the additional charges and request payment after placing the order.
5. After our company ships the product, we cannot accept changes to the delivery address or delivery date from the user. Suppose our company is unable to accommodate the changes. In that case, the user shall arrange the changes themselves based on the "Delivery Company" and "Inquiry Number" provided in the "Shipping Completion Email" sent after the shipment is completed.
6. Important information regarding the delivery of the product will be separately stated on this website (please refer to the "Purchase Guide" and "Frequently Asked Questions" for details).
Article 10 (Customs Duties, etc.)
1. In the case of receiving the products in countries or regions other than Japan, there may be taxes (duty, tax, VAT), customs fees, and other charges imposed by each country during customs clearance. The taxes will be calculated based on the invoice amount, shipping cost, and insurance fees and will be billed accordingly.
2. Generally, customs duties, various taxes, and customs fees are the responsibility of the user and should be paid upon delivery. Please follow the instructions provided by the shipping company or relevant authorities regarding the payment methods and policies for customs duties and taxes, as they may vary depending on the country or region.
3. Depending on the destination country or region, the shipping company may require the user to submit additional documents. Users should comply with the instructions provided by the shipping company. Failure to complete the necessary procedures may result in the inability to deliver the products.
Article 11 (Cancellation and Returns)
1. Users can request a cancellation within 14 days from the date the sales contract is established (after receiving an email confirming the acceptance of the order from the company). However, returns or exchanges of the products due to the user's convenience are not allowed.
2. If the company terminates the sales contract due to reasons attributable to the user, the company may claim damages (cancellation fees) from the user, covering the packaging, preparation, shipping, and disposal of the products.
3. The company will accept returns or exchanges of the products within 7 days from the date of receipt if any of the following apply:
3.1 The product had defects before delivery.
3.2 The product was clearly damaged during shipping.
Article 12 (Regarding the Products)
1. The company endeavors to depict the actual colors of the products in the images displayed on the website. However, the colors and textures may appear different depending on the user's digital device. Users understand and agree that the product images do not guarantee the accuracy of color representation.
2. The products are intended for household and personal use only. Except for the provisions in the following article, users agree not to use the products for commercial purposes (including display purposes, but not limited to this). Furthermore, users agree not to export, re-export, or transfer the products to countries or regions subject to trade restrictions and sanctions or to entities listed on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) list or the European Union's sanction list. The company assumes no responsibility for any losses resulting from violations of this provision.
Article 13 (Prohibited Acts)
Users must not engage in the following acts or acts deemed inappropriate by the company when using the service:
1. Acts that violate laws or this agreement or may do so.
2. Criminal acts, acts against public order and morals, or acts that may do so.
3. Acts that infringe upon copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights contained in the contents of the service.
4. Acts that disrupt or obstruct the functionality of the company's servers or network.
5. Acts that interfere with the operation of the service or may do so.
6. Acts that infringe upon the privacy or other rights of other users or third parties, or may do so.
7. Acts of using the service for illegitimate purposes.
8. Acts of using personal information of third parties or false information to use the service.
9. Acts of returning the products without a legitimate reason.
10. Acts of refusing to accept the products without a legitimate reason.
11. Acts that harm or may harm the rights, interests, reputation, etc., of other users, third parties, or the company.
12. Acts of illicitly acquiring or using user IDs, credit card information, or other information.
13. Acts of directly or indirectly providing benefits to anti-social forces related to the company's service.
14. Other acts deemed inappropriate by the company.
Article 14 (Copyright, etc.)
1. The copyright (including the rights specified in Articles 27 and 28 of the Japanese Copyright Act) and other intellectual property rights related to the products, this website, and the services belong to the company or third parties licensed by the company. Users shall not use them beyond the scope of private copying permitted by this agreement and the Copyright Act.
2. Users shall not cause third parties to violate the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
3. If any problem arises due to a user's violation of this article, the user shall resolve it at their own responsibility and expense, and the company shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage caused.
Article 15 (Disclaimer and Non-Warranty Regarding the Service, etc.)
1. The company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the user in connection with using the service, except in cases where the company is at fault.
2. The Company shall make every effort to ensure that emails and contents sent from the company's web pages, servers, domains, etc., do not contain harmful items such as computer viruses. However, the company shall not be liable for any damages, losses, disadvantages, etc., incurred by the user due to the presence of harmful items unless the company is at fault.
3. The company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the user in connection with the use of partner services.
4. The company does not guarantee the functionality, performance, usefulness, beneficial effects, asset value, or compatibility of the products with other products.
5. The company does not guarantee the completeness, usefulness, beneficial effects, or compatibility with other services of the service and partner services.
6. In the event that the user causes damage to the company, a partner, or a third party (including other users) in connection with the use of the service or partner services, or in the event of a dispute with a partner or a third party (including other users), the user shall resolve it at their own expense and responsibility, and the company shall not be liable for any damages.
7. The company shall not be liable for any damages resulting from a user's violation of this agreement.
Article 16 (Delay, Interruption, and Suspension of this Site and the Services
1. The Company may, without prior notice to users, suspend or interrupt all or part of the services if any of the following reasons are determined:
1.1. To perform maintenance or updates on the computer system related to the services.
1.2. If the provision of the services becomes difficult due to force majeure events such as earthquakes, lightning, fires, power outages, or natural disasters.
1.3. If computers, communication lines, or other facilities are stopped due to accidents.
1.4. If the Company deems the provision of the services difficult for any other reason.
2. The Company shall not be held liable for any disadvantage or damage suffered by users or third parties due to the suspension or interruption of the services.
Article 17 (Changes, Additions, or Termination of this Site and the Services)
1. The Company may change or add all or part of the content of the services (hereinafter referred to as "changes to the services") or discontinue them.
2. In the event of changes or discontinuation of the services that may be disadvantageous to users, the Company shall give prior notice to users by posting the details and effective date of the changes on this site or by any other method prescribed separately by the Company.
3. The Company may terminate all or part of the provision of this site and the services after giving prior notice to users at the Company's convenience.
4. Notices to users under the preceding paragraph shall be made on this site and by other reasonable methods.
5. The Company shall not be held liable for any damages incurred by users due to the termination of this site and the services.
Article 19 (Miscellaneous)
1. Communication between the Company and users shall generally be conducted via email in English or Japanese.
4. In case of a lawsuit arising between the Company and users regarding the use of the services, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction as the court of first instance by mutual agreement.